Ett svenskt cannabisforum Forums Coffeeshopen Cannabisodling DP´s Blueberry dålig? Reply To: DP´s Blueberry dålig?

• reaper

2006-11-27 at 16:04

En kille som verkar veta vad han snackar om (Blue moonshine @ hg420):

Here has been my experience with blueberry over the last five years:

First of all, to call either DJ’s or DP’s blueberry an IBL is misleading at best. Yes it is very true that the line has been inbred for several generations, however you will not see the extreme uniformity one normally associates with an inbred line. Translated this means large amounts of phenotypic variation. Take any two similar blueberry plants from the two above breeders, cross them together and you will wind up with variation, demonstrating a good degree of genotypic variation (of course this was partially demonstrated by the phenotypes ). In multiple packs of seeds from both breeders I have gotten plants that smelled and tasted of blueberries (in differing amounts), plants that were purple without cold temps, plants that were green no matter the temps and combinations thereof. The ultimate blueberry expression in my opinion is the purple in any temp, reaks of blueberry muffin phenotype. This in my experience is not very easy to find in either breeder.

Now I am certainly not knocking DJ Short or Dutch Passion. The quality of the high is one of the more consistant things about blueberry. If grown out well, it is great Cannabis. It is a great high that makes me enjoy the smoke no matter the taste or what the bud looks like. DJ has done some unique breeding.

Regarding a comment about DP’s version of Blueberry being watered down, I have to strongly disagree. When comparing the two companies (DJ vs. DP) I have a hard time distinguishing the high between the two. They are both quality and I see no indication that DP has “dutch-ified” the blueberry. Blueberry has never been hybridized with anything else according to DP, only bred from the original seeds obtained from DJ. How many generations taken from DJ stock is still a mystery, and thus far they have been unwilling to shed any light on this. If you have questions, just ask DP. They are a bonafide company with a website and people who answer their e-mails. They may not be willing to answer some of your more specific questions but in my past experience they have been friendly and willing to answer quite a bit about their blueberry line.

Now to the differences, I’ve found Dj’s seeds to be slightly more resistant to germination (read lower germination rates) with about the same number of malformed plants. Dj’s line certainly has a higher percentage of purple plants although the DP line certainly contains some brilliant specimens. The DJ line also appears more sativa while the DP line demonstrates a slightly more compact stature which doesn’t surprise me considering the Dutch affinity towards the indica. The high of either I have found, as previously mentioned, to be relatively uniform. As far as actual blueberry smell and taste, I would honestly say it is a toss up. I would say you would be extremely unlucky if you bought a pack of either DP or DJ blueberry and didn’t get at least one nice female that smelled and tasted of blueberry. Of course taste and smell are also going to depend strongly on the quality of your grow. I have a pretty dialed in organic regimen so this has never really been an issue for me. I think one of the number one reasons you hear so many complaints about blueberry is because it is one of the most desirable strains for newbies to try. Unfortunately it is like a soybean farmer deciding he wants to now grow fine Chardonnay grapes. If he is lucky the plants will live and produce but it certainly won’t express the true quality that lies hidden in the genetics of the plant.

As kmarpa mentioned, my absolute best advice is to make another generation with your best plants from a given pack of seeds. Not only will you be selecting for whatever traits you prefer, but you will also provide yourself with a much larger number of seeds from which you can select subsequent plants from. After a couple years of purchasing blueberry from both DP and DJ, this was what I eventually started doing. Cross your best male(s) and female(s), get lots and lots of seed, and gradually grow out as many blueberries as you like. I started doing this a couple of years ago with a particular nice DP bluberry female and a couple of berry smelling males. In all my next generation has turned out more satisfactory to myself than the seeds I have purchased over the years.

I hope this little rant hasn’t turned you off to either company. I really think they are both great, both with their own ups and downs. I wish you the best of luck with your blueberries, grow organic, have patience and I’m sure you won’t be dissapointed.

All the best,

BM

Hela tråden kan vara av intresse (copy’n’paste och byt ut “xx” ot “tt”)… hxxp://hg420.com/showthread.php?t=25288&